The embroidery sampler was a great refresher and good reminder of how to do basic embroidery stitches. For most of the stitches I used a 3 thread count, but a few of the stitches I changed to a 4 thread count: the Colonial Knot, Blanket, Circular Buttonhole and Lazy Daisy stitches. I did use the helpful videos from the Cutesy Craft link that were provided in Canvas if the instructions weren’t clear enough in the instructional guide. Overall I’m very happy with how everything turned out, but I think the Split Stitch would have been easier and look better in a 4 thread count.
The Embroidery Motif was good project to put the techniques I had learned in the Sampler project to good use and create a beautiful design. I used two embroidery iron on transfers, one for the letter and one of the flowers. They were quite easy and simple to use. The stitches I used were Satin, Fishbone, Split, Stem, and Colonial Knots. Overall I’m very pleased with how everything turned out. If I was to change anything it would be to use a different fabric. The weave on this linen cross stitch fabric is very loose and made the leaves very hard to put in and I had to learn to leave the thread looser and not pulled tight so the fabric didn’t pull and create a large hole.